Get to know the industry-standard vector graphics app that lets you create logos, icons, drawings, typography, and complex illustrations for any medium.
Illustrator is an unparalleled tool for digital artists, and Adobe takes it to new heights with Creative Cloud. This course helps put Illustrator’s power and flexibility at your disposal, offering a tip-to-tail overview of the program, from installation to exporting final artwork. Our instructor explains how to work with layers and artboards—the dual core of Illustrator’s nondestructive workflow—and start drawing and transforming basic objects. He also shows how to create fills and strokes, add color, work with live effects, and integrate typography into your designs. At the end of the course, he’ll show you how to print and export artwork, so you can share it with the world. Start here for everything you need to know to design, draw, and illustrate with Illustrator.
- Changing the size and shape of artboards
- Creating and editing layers
- Drawing basic shapes
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Adding color fills and strokes
- Working with spot colors and color swatches
- Applying multiple fills and strokes from the Appearance panel
- Creating compound paths and shapes
- Using the brush tools
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating type
- Placing and embedding images
- Printing and exporting artwork